314-985-8110 | Info@CPAsForHire.com

Get instant Access to our Tax Prep Guide for Personal Taxes

☝️ Download our FREE Tax Prep Guide by entering your name and email and you’ll receive instant access right in your inbox. 

Get instant Access to our Tax Prep Guide for Personal Taxes

What to bring to your CPA - Individual Tax Filing

Today we are going to talk about all the things you need to gather and provide your CPA for filing your taxes, so let’s get organized!


I’m Dennis Fry with CPAs for Hire. As a CPA, we have a list of things we want our clients to bring in to prepare their taxes:

  • Starting in January, keep your eye out for mail with the words “Tax Documents Enclosed”
    • W-2’s
    • 1099-INT
    • 1099-DIV
    • 1099-B
    • Consolidated Tax Statement, or Consolidated 1099, from each financial institution where you have investments
    • 1098 
    • 1095 – Medical
    • K-1’s from any pass-through investments
  • Donation letters with “no goods or services were provided in return for this donation” and 501c3
  • Personal property paid receipt (year paid deduction, original tax)
  • Real estate paid receipt (year paid deduction, original tax)
  • If you own rental properties, Google “Schedule E” and pull it from the IRS website and print the first page and fill in the following
    • Enter Fair Rental Days (rented or rentable)
    • Enter Personal Use Days if for pleasure (vacation property), not to work on it
    • Enter your income and expense on lines 3 through 19… Don’t worry about depreciation, you’re CPA will handle that
  • If you have a small business or side hustle, and you’ve brought in some income, we will go over your situation in more detail in the next video where we focus on sole proprietors and single-member LLCs

So there it is… all the major things you need to provide your CPA for them to prepare your taxes.

At CPAs for Hire, we understand the complexity of filing income taxes.

We’re here to guide you through it.  We hope you download the guide above.